Search Blog and Links

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Why, oh why, did I try to "Y"?


I am almost finished with my Star of Valor. I cut the squares and 1/4 triangles per F&P instructions. My squares seem too large and my triangles seem too small! Arrrgh!


I set in the triangles last night. I will set in the squares tonight. With the set in pieces, the block will be 11". I will trim up and add a red border. The block should end up 12.5" unfinished. Hopefully, I can finish tonight and post a photo. Then it is into block 2 of the 4 in 40 challenge. I will also post a tutorial for anyone else that may be interested in making this block.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Hehe ;) Y-seams are hated by many people. They're not bad at all when you get the feel for them, though. Kudos to you for jumping right in and trying them out!

Bama Bee said...

The Y's came out okay. I think it is the cutting that is the problem. I will have to figure out a fix before I post the tutorial, though. I don't want anyone else to be unnecessarily frustrated!